Our “Star Bursts” programme caters for 6 months to 3.5 years with Water Babies (6 months to 2 years) and Toddler Turtles (18 months to 3.5 years) classes. Gaining comfort and confidence in and under the water, floating and propulsion skills in an environment which cements learning through games and activities with a caregiver.
Our philosophy is based on the following concepts and principles:
- The only safe child under 5 near water is within sight and reach of their caregiver
- Under 5’s learn through their senses – therefore a multi sensory approach is essential
- Movement fires up the thinking brain
- Reinforcing concepts such as colour, shape, number and letters in new environments cements learning
- Action and Language together develop Understanding
- Engaging and empowering parents; they are the key to the child’s strengths and weaknesses, behaviour and learning preferences.
We even have anti and post-natal education opportunities to develop water confidence with baby from 0-6 months through local pin groups.
Water Babies 6months – 18 months
Toddler Turtles 18 months – 3.5 years
Water Babies Mon 9.30am, Sat various times
Toddler Turtles Mon 10.00am, Tues 10.30am, and Sat various times
- Lessons are $16.50 per lesson
- We run Terms of 9 to 11 lessons the same as schools, however new enrolments can be taken at any stage of the term.
- Payment is for the full term
- We have a 10% Community Services Card discount
- We also run holiday programmes of 5 days during most school holidays. See the LATEST NEWS for details